Cannabis Infused Olive Oil Recipe
3 1/2 cups virgin grade olive oil
1 ounce marijuana, finely ground
- Using a coffee grinder, ground the marijuana into a fine powder. the average coffee grinder holds about 1/4 ounce of marijuana.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook oil until hot, but not boiling, then start stirring in the ground marijuana.
- Let the oil simmer, but do not let it come to a boil, stir constantly to prevent burning and ruining the taste.
- Continue stirring, keeping the mixture below the boiling point for approximately 1 hour. If you’re not in a hurry, you can cook it for an additional hour to extract every last mg of THC and other precious cannabinoids. Make sure to stir frequently and do not let it boil.
- Strain your cannabis-infused olive oil through a cheesecloth into an air-tight container.*
Your Cannabis Infused Olive Oil is now ready for use in all of your favorite recipes. Use immediately or store in an airtight bottle in a cool location until needed.
*The oil will be extremely hot when removed from the heat. So allow oil to cool down to a safe temperature before straining through the cheesecloth. Once cooled, squeeze the cheesecloth to remove all of the oil from it.