Easy Marijuana Tea Recipe
1/2 gram marijuana buds
1/2 teaspoon butter*
1 1/2 cups water
Sugar or honey to taste (optional)
- Grind marijuana buds in coffee grinder until fine but not powdered. Remove stems and seeds before grinding.
- Mix the buds with the butter*. Place in bowl and with spoon mash and mix until all of the buds are coated. The fat in the butter draws the THC out of the buds.
- Fill a tea strainer or tea ball (available anywhere that sells kitchen wares) with the butter and bud mixture. You could also fill a coffee filter with the bud and butter mixture, but twist the top shut after filling and secure with a string or thread to keep the mixture inside.
- Place water in saucepan and bring to a simmer but not a full boil. Place tea ball, tea strainer, or coffee filter with mixture in water and simmer for 30 minutes. If water boils or starts to evaporate, then add just enough water to replace what was lost.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. At this point you can add a flavored tea bag of your choice to give it some extra flavor.
- Add sugar and or honey to taste, stir, and enjoy.
As a reminder, marijuana edibles, extracts, and infusions can take 40-60 minutes to take effect, so go slowly at first until you can gauge the strength and your own tolerance level. To increase the potency, just add more buds and a higher grade of marijuana.
*Canna-Butter can be used in place of standard butter if available.