Soft & Doobie Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) canna-butter. room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature*
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In the bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the canna-butter with both white and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat mixture until well mixed, or about 1-2 minutes. Add flour mixture, mix until just combined, Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough about 2 inches apart on a non stick baking pan.
- Bake cookies 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown along the edges, but still soft in the center. Remove from oven, and let cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Transfer to a plate, or wire cookie rack until cooled or eaten, whichever comes first.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the fridge, or even on the counter at room temperature for up to a week.
*The potency can be increased by eliminating one stick of regular butter and adding a second stick of canna-butter instead.
Most folks would agree that canna butter chocolate chip cookies are best enjoyed while still warm and with an icy cold glass of milk!.